The Difference Baker Holiday Cookies Recipe (Allergen-FREE!)
Yummy Allergen-free Holiday Cookies Recipe!
The holiday season is a wonderful time for reflection, giving, and fun with friends and loved ones. And what puts everyone in the holiday spirit better than fresh-baked cookies?
For adults and children living with allergies, we know that navigating these challenges during the holiday season can be difficult, which is why we’ve put together this awesome cookie recipe that everyone can enjoy! This recipe is free from eight of the nine major allergens (wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, sesame, dairy, eggs*, soy, fish, and crustaceans), though this recipe can be made with butter if you desire.
*THIS RECIPE DOES CONTAIN EGGS
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays to all!
- 1 stick butter or vegan butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (for chocolate chip cookies) or cane sugar (for sugar cookies)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups TDB pancake mix
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together butter (or vegan butter) and sugar. Mix on medium speed until fluffy and fully combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add dry mix and chocolate chips (if using), and mix well until a thick dough comes together.
- Scoop or spoon cookies onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart and press them down slightly to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Once the oven is set to 375 degrees, bake for 9-12 minutes, removing them when edges just start to brown.
- Let cookies sit on the pan for 3-5 minutes to firm up before removing to cool on a wire rack. Repeat in batches until all cookies are baked. Store cooled and covered for up to 5 days.
Scoop balls of dough into a bowl of cinnamon-sugar and roll until coated. This can be easier to do if the dough chills for 15 minutes first.
For Lemon Sugar CookiesUse white cane sugar (instead of brown sugar) and add the zest of 1 lemon to the dough.
For Chocolate Chip CookiesAdd 1 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life white and milk, which are allergen-free).